Sunday, December 29, 2013

The introduction

What an amazing time that 7 days was. Images burned into my memories forever. It was a magical time and I got to spend time with most of the people that hold the greatest amount of my heart. I've never thought as simple as going out of the country can change how you see and feel. Sure glad I got a passport.

"The water was glassy, similar to a mirror. The suns reflection burned my eyes but the tears were of happiness not pain. We sailed past lands end and towards the marina. As the ship entered the harbor a salty smell from The Sea of Cortez crept into my nose. A scent that brought back a rush of memories from the past. A smell that I knew, but that was unfamiliar. At that moment I knew I would not stop these expeditions.  It had become a part of me that I needed, and would long for until I traveled next."

What an experience. I was breathless and paralyzed at some times and others a wild beast lashing out against my bindings. My home is this earth. Just like a cat in a house. I must mark my territory and know every part of it.  

So it begins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment