Monday, February 23, 2015

The defeatist in you

It has been a long month. February of 2015 has beat me down and spit me back up again, begging me to give up all hope that any glimmer of light or hope will peak over the horizon. I recognize the struggles I have endured for the past few weeks and I know that these are not even close to the worst times that I will see. The ever growing landscape that I can picture as my future is and has come to a grinding halt, but that does not mean that hope has been abandoned. Even in the most trying of times, there is hope. If these minor speed bumps can throw a metaphoric wrench in the gears, what else is out there that can derail the machine that is my life, goals, and ambitions? I am sure there is an ever looming tidal wave of trials and tribulations that will be faced in the near future and distant future, but that will not stop me from pursuing what I see as the light at the end of the tunnel. There will never be an end to my growth and development, there is not an end goal that I am hoping to achieve, but I know that even with all of these developmental mishaps and road blocks I will come out on top. I will be the one standing at the peak of my mountain, screaming out at the top of my lungs, there is nothing that will bring me to my knees, or what some might call, defeat. I am strong, I have been through hard times and seen others struggle in ways that can only be envisioned in nightmares. So to anyone that is feeling defeated or lost, just remember that there is always a green flash at sunset you just have to squint to behold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment